Monday, October 12, 2009

Spooky Saturday Fun

I hereby declare that my little demolition ball, aka baby boy, be called from this time and henceforth, the prodigious name of Count Cannonball, defender of Skittles, knight-errant of the two kingdoms bordering Granny's patio and Mommy's kitchen, and the advocate of the poor and the needy bugs (and whatnot) living in the dirt.

The lovely Maiden of Puddingshire, aptly christened Elizabeth but disliking the name, insisted upon being called Lady Belle instead, in honor of her all-time favorite movie and story, Beauty and the Beast. Thus she is to be called: Lady Belle, Maiden of Puddingshire, lover of chocolate and all things glittery and shiny, and wearer of silken tutus and scratchy tulle.

******

As I do not want you to think I have gone bonkers, or that my brain has spiraled beyond the acceptable limits of eccentricity, let me explain the inspiration for the above declarations.

Saturday found us at the local museum attending a fun event, with a myriad of activities including arts and crafts, games, face painting, and a tour of the Pirate's lair for the whole family. The theme was Pirates, Fairies, and Such. Dressing up, though not required, was duly encouraged, so my son donned a pirate's hat, while my daughter was decked in full Tinkerbell attire, with wings and all. Upon entry, the children were given names that were picked out of some bowls. Hence, Count Cannonball and Lady Belle (which was originally Maiden Elizabeth the Third) came to life. Needless to say, we all had fun.

And now, for the purposes of my blog, the brilliant idea came to me to use these fanciful names when referring to my kiddos. Then I would not have to keep saying, my little boy, or my little girl. So there you have it.

No comments: